Before visiting the website, please develop your resume and save it as a Microsoft Word document. You will use it during the application process. When you have developed your resume, proceed to the BoCC website, www.polk-county.net, and click on the Career Opportunities icon in the left column.
- You will see a list of job openings. Click on your selected job opening title.
- Review the job description provided.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Create Profile and Apply to Job."
- You will see an opportunity to "auto populate" your resume. This means that the system will take information from your resume and fill in the blanks of the profile with it. You may select “Choose File” and search for your resume and upload it for this use. Always check the answers that have been placed into the fields to make sure they are correct.
- Below that you will see a series of questions that must be answered to proceed. Complete these questions accurately.
- Under resume, you must again click “Choose File” and upload your resume. This will attach your resume to your profile and allow us to review it. Do not copy and paste your resume, as this will change the format and will make it difficult to read
- Under “Security Information” create a user name and password. Write this information down so you will remember it later.
- Click submit. Be sure to save your resume for future use.