shadow image shadow image
  • Historic Courthouse - Bartow
  • Airboat Rides - Lake Wales
  • Highlands Reserve Golf Course - Davenport
  • Mulberry
  • Davidson Citrus Candy Factory - Dundee
  • Fantasy of Flight - Polk City
  • Fort Meade
  • Eagle Lake
  • Lake Morton - Lakeland
  • LEGOLAND Florida - Winter Haven
  • Eaglebrooke Golf Course - Lakeland
  • Southern Dunes Golf Course - Haines City
  • City Hall - Auburndale
  • Kissimmee State Park - Lake Wales
  • Lake Alfred
  • City Hall - Frostproof
  • Bok Tower Gardens - Lake Wales
  • Hillcrest Heights
  • Highland Park
  • Lake Hamilton

Search FAQs


FAQ Details

FAQ - Platting and Surveying Category

Return to FAQs

Q: What codes or regulations provide guidance on subdivision platting?

A: Please refer to Ordinance No. 00-09, as amended, the Polk County Land Development Code; the County Comprehensive Plan; and Chapter 177, Florida Statutes.

Q: Where do I obtain information on a subdivision plat? 

A: Official subdivision plats are on record at the Micrographics Section of the Polk County Courthouse. Micrographics Section is located at 225 N. Broadway Avenue, Bartow. To obtain a copy or for questions, call 863-534-4401.

Q: Where do I obtain information on a recorded subdivision?

A: Information on construction plans and recorded residential subdivisions, such as roads and drainage, are available at the Land Development Division. To view construction plans for residential and non-residential subdivisions, call 863-534-6084.

Q: Where do I get information on horizontal and vertical control data? 

A: Generally, has horizontal and vertical control data for monuments in Polk County. For monuments established by county surveying crews, contact Don Arscott, P.S.M., at tel: 863-519-8770. FDOT may be contacted for their monuments. (See Other Helpful Links).

Q: Where do I obtain bench mark data?

A: Bench mark (BM) data and Global Positioning System (GPS) control monuments information are available at the Survey Section, Engineering Division, Transportation Department. For more information, call 863-519-8770.

For all other questions please contact the Growth Management Department by email, phone (863-534-6084); or fax (863-534-6021). The office hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. (excluding holidays).

  • * Not responsible for translated content

Social Media

We enhance the quality of life for people throughout Polk County
Polk County Board of County Commissioners | 330 West Church Street | P.O. Box 9005 | Bartow, FL 33830 | 863.534.6000