The unincorporated areas of Polk County receive yellow containers for curbside pickup one day each week. The following items are accepted in the yellow recycling bins:
- All color glass bottles and jars. (No Ceramic dishware, window pane, mirrors or car windows)
- All paper and paperboard products (newspapers, junk mail, magazines, cardboard, cereal boxes, shoe boxes etc.) Make sure large boxes have been cut or folded into a 3' x 3' size
- Plastic containers/bottles #1-6 within your home. (Milk jugs, detergent water and soda bottles, butter tubs, yogurt cups, frozen meal trays) No wax cartons.
- All metal - aluminum or steel (tin) containers. (No metal pipes)
Lids and labels can stay on the containers
Need a Recycling Bin?
Please call Polk County Waste Resource Management at (863) 284-4319 or Republic Services at (863) 665-1489 or request a recycling bin online using the online form.
Recycling Drop-Off Centers
All centers take recyclable items at free of charge. All recyclables other than paper should be rinsed and drained. All recycling centers collect the following items:
- Glass Bottles & Jars
- Non-Food Contaminated Paper & Paperboard
- Plastic Containers #1-6
North Central Landfill
10 Environmental Loop
Winter Haven, FL 33880
Lake Wales (This site will close on October 1, 2009) Call Waste Resource Management for more information.
The Recycling Center in Lake Wales has closed.
Have a Question?
Please call Polk County Waste Resource Management, Recycling Services at (863) 284-4319 or Republic Services at (863) 665-1489.