Commissioner Martha Santiago, Ed. D. recently retired as provost for Polk State College’s Winter Haven campus, Center for Public Safety, Lake Wales centers, and Northeast Polk satellite location. Prior to being named Provost in 2014, Santiago was the dean of academic affairs for Polk State’s Winter Haven campus and Lake Wales centers.
Santiago was first elected to the County Commission in November 2018 and re-elected in November 2022. She continues to focus on economic development, growth & infrastructure and community safety.
Santiago is the owner of Leadership Consultants, LLC. serves on various community boards including the United Way of Central Florida, Good Shepherd Hospice, Heart of Florida Hospital, Polk Vision, Women’s Resource Center and the Haines City and Winter Haven Chambers of Commerce.
- Born in New York
- Resides in Winter Haven
- Husband, Alex, two children and four grandchildren
- Spending time with family
- Doctorate degree from the University of South Florida
- Master's degree from Florida International University
- Bachelor's degree from the University of Puerto Rico