Housing Finance Authority
The Polk County Board of County Commissioners appoints the members of the authority.
The Housing Finance Authority of Polk County offers first time home buyers in Polk County up to $7,500 in down payment and closing cost assistance in the form of a deferred, non-amortizing, 0% interest second mortgage. This program is administered by the Housing Finance Authority of Pinellas County. For more information on how you can take advantage of this down payment and closing cost assistance visit https://www.pinellascounty.org/hfa/pdf/first_mortgage.pdf.
Learn More about Housing Finance Authority
The day, time, place and purpose of each meeting of the authority are advertised in a newspaper of general paid circulation in Polk County. All meetings are held at 4:00 p.m. in the Polk County Administration Building, 4th Floor, Room #407, 330 W. Church Street, Bartow, FL and are open to the public.
March 7, 2019
June 6, 2019
September 5, 2019
The following is the Housing Finance Authority of Polk County’s tentative budget for the 2017-2018 fiscal year.
- William S. Okrepkie, Chairman, Dec. 1, 2016 to Nov. 30, 2020
777 Glendora Road
Poinciana, FL 34759
- Linda M. Schultz, fills remainder of Harrison Thornhill's term 4/16/19 to Nov. 30, 2019
2948 Mission Lakes Drive
Lakeland, FL 33803
- Angela Buchanan, fills remainder of Joseph R. Bogdahn's term 5/21/19 to Feb. 29, 2020
36248 Hwy 27
Haines City, FL 33844
- Beth Evans, Secretary, Jan. 23, 2017 to Jan. 22, 2021
2105 Dundee Road
P.O. Box 9309
Winter Haven, FL 33883
- Karen B. Guffey, Vice Chairman, June 21, 2016 to June 20, 2020
P. O. Drawer 59,
Bartow, FL 33831-0059
- For more information, call Dianna McClelland at (863) 534-6501, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.