Industrial Development Authority
The Industrial Development Authority was created to perform such acts necessary for the sound planning and development of Polk County, its industry, commerce and business.
Learn More about Industrial Development Authority
The day, time, place and purpose of each meeting of the authority are advertised in a newspaper of general paid circulation in Polk County. All meetings are held in the Polk County Administration Building, 4th Floor, Room #407, 330 W. Church Street, Bartow, FL and are open to the public.
The following is the Industrial Development Authority of Polk County’s tentative budget for the following fiscal year:
Budgets for previous fiscal years:
- Brent Elliott, serving a three year term 2/6/2017 - 2/5/2020
Standard Sand & Silica
1850 U.S. Hwy 17-92 N.
Davenport, FL 33837
- James (Dege) J. DeGennaro, Chairman, serving a three year term 2/20/2019 - 2/19/2022
3111 Stonewater Drive
Lakeland, FL 33803
- Paul W. Gerrard, Jr., serving a three year term 2/6/2017 - 2/5/2020
540 Greenway Drive
Lake Wales, FL 33898
- Eric Hinshaw, Assistant Secretary, serving a three year term 1/7/2018 - 11/6/2021
3800 Chalet Suzanne Drive
Lake Wales, FL 33859
- Sean Malott, serving a three year term 6/4/2019 - 6/3/2022
5908 Hillside Heights Drive
Lakeland, FL 33812
- William "Bill" Block, serving a three year term 1/23/2019 - 1/22/2022
218 Bayberry Drive
Polk City, FL 33868
- Gerald Robinson, serving a three year term 1/23/2017 - 1/22/2020
413 Opal Ave.
Auburndale, FL 33823
- Brian S. Boyce, serving a three year term 1/23/2018 - 1/22/2021
Hancock Bank - Middle Market Banking
225 East Lemon Street, Suite 110
Lakeland, FL 33801
- J. Theron Stangry, serving a three year term 1/23/2019 - 1/22/2022
3220 Lake Breeze Drive (H)
Haines CIty, FL 33844
Qualifications for Board Members / How to Apply
The Polk County Board of County Commissioners appoints nine members to the Industrial Development Authority. Members serve three-year terms and there are no term limits. Each member shall serve and continue to hold office until their successor is appointed. In the event of a vacancy in the office of any member during a term of office, the county commissioners will appoint a successor for the period of the unexpired term. No Industrial Development Authority member will hold dual office.
For more information, call Dianna McClelland in the County Attorney's Office at (863) 534-6501 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.