Industrial Development Authority
The Industrial Development Authority was created to perform such acts necessary for the sound planning and development of Polk County, its industry, commerce and business.
The day, time place and purpose of each meeting of the authority are advertised in a newspaper of general paid circulation in Polk County. All meetings are held in the Neil Combee Administration Building in Bartow and open to the public.
Learn More about Industrial Development Authority
The following is the Polk County Industrial Development Authority’s tentative budget for the 2016-2017 fiscal year. A budget hearing will be held on September 8, 2016, at 10:00 a.m. in the Commissioners Conference Room, Room 407 of the Neil Combee Administration Building, 330 West Church Street, Bartow, Florida, at the regularly scheduled meeting of the Authority. A budget for the 2016-2017 fiscal year will be adopted during the hearing.
- Richard M. Munday, Jr., Chairman, serving a three year term 2/6/2014 - 2/5/2017
4820 Lake Gibson Park Road
Lakeland, FL 33809
- James (Dege) J. DeGennaro, serving a three year term 9/6/2016 - 2/19/2019
3111 Stonewater Drive
Lakeland, FL 33803
- Paul W. Gerrard, Jr., serving a three year term 2/6/2014 - 2/5/2017
540 Greenway Drive
Lake Wales, FL 33898
- Eric Hinshaw, Assistant Secretary, serving a three year term 1/7/2015 - 11/6/2018
3800 Chalet Suzanne Drive
Lake Wales, FL 33859
- Terry W. Simmers, serving a three year term 2/6/2016 - 2/5/2019
631 Lone Palm Drive
Lakeland, FL 33815
- William "Bill" Block, serving a three year term 1/23/2016 - 1/22/2019
218 Bayberry Drive
Polk City, FL 33868
- Gerald Robinson, serving a three year term 1/23/2014 - 1/22/2017
413 Opal Ave.
Auburndale, FL 33823
- Brian S. Boyce, serving a three year term 1/28/2015 - 1/22/2018
Hancock Bank - Middle Market Banking
225 East Lemon Street, Suite 110
Lakeland, FL 33801
- J. Theron Stangry, serving a three year term 1/23/2016 - 1/22/2019
3220 Lake Breeze Drive (H)
Haines CIty, FL 33844
Qualifications for Board Members / How to Apply
The Polk County Board of County Commissioners appoints nine members to the Industrial Development Authority. Members serve three-year terms and there are no term limits. Each member shall serve and continue to hold office until their successor is appointed. In the event of a vacancy in the office of any member during a term of office, the county commissioners will appoint a successor for the period of the unexpired term. No Industrial Development Authority member will hold dual office.
For more information, call Dianna McClelland in the County Attorney's Office at (863) 534-6501 or email: email@example.com.