The Polk County Planning Commission is a seven-member board appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. The Planning Commission approves or denies certain types of development applications in the Land Development Code. These developments are identified in the code as a Level 3 or Level 4 review.
The Planning Commission meets at 9 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month in the board room of the County Administration Building, 330 W. Church St. in Bartow.
For information about a case, please contact the Planner on Call at PlannerOnCall@polk-county.net or (863) 534-6084.
- Kevin Updike, (Chair), Aug. 31, 2020
- Rebecca Troutman, (Vice Chair), Aug. 31, 2020
- Matthew Cain, (Secretary), Sept. 30, 2022
- Sean Harper, Aug. 31, 2020
- Rennie Heath, Nov. 4, 2022
- Leigh Ann Wynn, Sept. 18, 2021
- Gerald "Jerry Mixon Jr., Oct. 18, 2021
- Jonathan Fleming, (Alternate), July 1, 2020
- Chris Collany, (Alternate), Sept. 18, 2021
- James Lancsek, (Alternate), Jan. 2, 2020
- Lt. Col. Paul E."Forrest" Neidhardt, Avon Park Air Force Range
- Charles (Buck) MacLaughlin, Avon Park Air Force Range (Alternate)
- Pamela L. Luce, Polk County School Board