The Florida Department of Health is providing COVID-19 vaccines to those wanting one from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the following locations:
- Mondays - Lakeland Health Department, 3241 Lakeland Hills Blvd. in Lakeland;
- Wednesdays - Auburndale Testing location, 245 E. Lake Ave. in Auburndale;
- Fridays - Haines City Health Department, 1700 Baker Ave. E. in Haines City.
The Florida Department of Health in Polk will offer the Moderna, Pfizer and the Johnson & Johnson vaccines. No appointment is necessary, however, if individuals wish to make an appointment, they may contact the DOH Polk Information Center at (863) 519-7911.
Vaccine is also available at 54 locations in Polk County, through both federal and state programs. Below is a list of federal programs and local partners:
- Lakeland Regional Health - https://www.mylrh.org/vaccineform or call (863) 904-1895;
- Winter Haven Hospital;
- Watson Clinic, Bond Clinic, Gessler Clinic, Ridge Medical Group and Health Medical Ultra;
- Retail pharmacies - Walmart, Publix, CVS, Walgreens, Quick & Save, Ariana Pharmacy, Cleveland Heights Pharmacy, Family Discount Pharmacy, Polk Community Pharmacy, Broadway Pharmacy, Noble Pharmacy and Medoz Pharmacy.
In addition to DOH-Polk and Lakeland Regional Health’s vaccine availability, COVID-19 vaccine is also becoming more widely available through local pharmacies and private providers. Individuals are encouraged to visit the state’s COVID-19 vaccine locator to find vaccine availability nearest them. This can be found by visiting http://www.floridahealth.gov/ and clicking the Vaccine Site Locator map located on the home page.
Register through the state’s homebound website at email@example.com. Their request will be routed to a regional incident management team who conduct home visits to administer vaccine.