Programs and Services
Limited English Proficiency Assistance
Polk County’s Office of the County Administrator will make reasonable efforts to ensure its programs, services and
activities are meaningfully accessible to those who do not speak English proficiently. These include:
- Identifying county employees who are fluent in languages in addition to English to act as translators whenever necessary
- Utilizing Google’s translator on all sites posted on the County website in order to allow individuals to translate information regarding County programs and services into their language of choice
- To determine if or when alternate language usage is required for meaningful access, the County will assess the program, service or activity using the following four factors:
The number or proportion of LEP persons eligible to be served or likely to be encountered by the county’s programs, services or activities
- The frequency with which LEP individuals come in contact with these programs, services or activities
- The nature and importance of the program, service, or activity to people’s lives
- The resources available to the County and the costs
Persons requiring special language services should contact Polk County’s Equal Opportunity Division, 4th Floor County Administration Building, 330 W. Church St., Drawer CA05, Bartow, FL 33830 or call (863) 534-5901.
Proactive Diversity Recruitment and Training Program
This program is a necessary and strategic response by the county to meet the demands of Polk’s diverse population and ensure that its workforce mirrors that population.
Office of Supplier Diversity
The Office of Supplier Diversity oversees the Women and Minority Business Enterprise program and ensures the utilization of women and minority vendors in with county contractual opportunities. This department also serves as an advocate for county agencies and the women and minority business community and holds educational seminars and training for business growth and development.