Polk County's buildings don't just take care of themselves. That's the job of Polk's Facilities Management Division. If you notice an issue with a Polk County building or property, email Keith Tate at KeithTate@Polk-County.net or call (863) 534-5511.
Facilities Management is divided into two programs:
Building Maintenance Program
Mark Kithcart, Building Maintenance Manager
(863) 534-5511 |
- Maintenance and repairs for county-owned buildings
- Custodial services
- Utilities within county buildings
- Contracts for preventive maintenance
- Fire alarm repair, monitoring, fire extinguisher inspections
- Pest control
- Elevator maintenance
- Grounds maintenance
Architectural Services Program
Steve McMillan, Architectural Services Manager
(863) 534-5511 |
- Project management and coordination with County divisions and Constitutional Offices in the construction of major and minor Polk County vertical construction and remodeling projects.
- Development of the scope of services, contract negotiations and project administration for Community Investment Projects. (CIP)
- Feasibility studies and reports.
- Project budgets, progress and status reports, letters, files, and other documentation related to projects.
- Monitors the project schedule and the quality of the work during the design and construction of county vertical projects.
- Design and construction meetings held with design consultants and contractors.
- Monthly invoices and/or pay requisitions from the consultants and contractors.
- Records of project reports, construction documents and files for all completed county vertical construction projects.