Medical services are made available to members through the Polk HealthCare Plan. This countywide program is made possible through public/private partnerships with hospitals, physicians, diagnostic testing facilities and other medical professionals (providers).
Once providers are approved and enrolled in the network, PHP's Provider Services Section will provide introductory training to the providers and their office personnel.
During this training, providers are given a manual, which is reviewed in detail at an on-site orientation. This training familiarizes new providers with the Polk HealthCare Plan policies and procedures.
Each participating provider will have access to a provider services representative who is responsible for ongoing education. As a follow-up to the initial orientation session, the representative will contact each provider and their employees on a periodic basis to ensure that they fully understand the responsibilities outlined in their contract and provider manual.
If you are interested in learning more or becoming a Polk Health Care Plan provider, call (863) 533-1111.
Providers are responsible for submitting claims to the plan within 180 days from the date of service. The claims section of Indigent HealthCare will not process any claims that are more than 12 months after the date of service..
- Claims are processed within 45 days from the date received in our office; for claims inquires, allow an additional 15 days
- All claims inquiries should call 1-888-850-8222
- Claims and claims appeals should be submitted to Meritain Health Appeals Department, PO Box 41980, Plymouth, MN 55441-0970
- For emergency room visits, there is a payment cap of $1,500 per county fiscal year
- Inpatient hospital stays are limited to six days per stay and 30 days per county fiscal year
If you have questions, feel free to ask. It is vital to have a strong working relationship with our providers and their employees. For more information on members' needs, contract requirements, protocols, contract standards and federal or state regulations, please contact us.