Polk County Sidewalk Advisory Committee Meeting Tuesday, June 2
Published on May 26, 2020
Bartow, Fla. (March 25, 2020) — The Polk County Sidewalk Advisory Committee will meet at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 2, 2020. The meeting is open to the public and will be held in Room 413 at the Polk County Administration Building, 330 W. Church Street, Bartow.
I. Roll Call and Introductions
II. Review and Approve Minutes
III. Public Comment
IV. Old Business
V. New Business
A. Committee Liaison will present staff evaluations, rating scores and recommendations for public street lighting requests. Action requested.
- Kristi Street (Old Hwy. 37 to S. Jordan Avenue) - Lakeland
- Strickland Avenue (Clubhouse Road to CR 540A) - Lakeland
- Crystal Lake Acres Drive (Maine Avenue to Crystal Hills Loop W.) - Lakeland
- King Avenue (Nelson Street to Stanton Street) - Auburndale
- US 17/92 to 44th Street: Redding Street, Murphy Street, Fuller Street and James Streets – Davenport
- CR 540A (Christina Park Road to Somerset East) – Lakeland
- Marker Road (Mt. Olive Road to Angel Lane) – Polk City
- CR 557A (Evans Road to Barfield Road) – Polk City
B. Committee Liaison will present new sidewalk requests for the committee to consider prioritizing for funding in Fiscal Year 2020-2021. Item presented for informational purposes only.
- CR 542/K-Ville Avenue (Sunny Road to Taylor Street) - Auburndale
- E. Eagle Avenue/Eagle Lake Loop Road (Squires Grove to North 12th Street - Eagle Lake
- Eagle Lake Loop Road (CR 655/Rifle Range Road to Squires Grove) - Eagle Lake
- Gerber Dairy Road (Thomas Road to Eagle Lake Loop Road) - Eagle Lake
The Sidewalk Advisory Committee evaluates new sidewalk needs throughout Polk County and recommends projects for funding to the Board of County Commissioners as part of the annual budgeting process.
Contact Bill Skelton with the Polk County Roads & Drainage Division at 863-535-2200 for further details.