BoCC Seeking Applicants for Planning Commission
Published on May 6, 2021
Bartow, Fla. (May 6, 2021) — Polk County is seeking interested residents to fill vacancies on the Planning Commission.
The Planning Commission reviews applications for Planned Developments, Conditional Uses, Comprehensive Plan Amendments, District Changes and Land Development Code Text Amendments. It normally meets on the first Wednesday of the month at 9:00 a.m. in the Boardroom of the Administration Building at 330 West Church Street in Bartow.
Interested candidates should represent one of the following areas:
- An AICP-certified planner;
- A licensed professional engineer, surveyor and mapper, architect, or landscape architect;
- A natural or environmental specialist;
- A farmer, rancher, or extension agent, or an individual involved in other aspects of agriculture; or
- A business person, which may include a licensed realtor, licensed general contractor, or subcontractor.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Planning Commission, please email a letter of interest and a resume of qualifications to email@example.com by close of business on Monday, May 17, 2021.