Northeast Government Center Grand Opening on May 6
Published on Apr 27, 2023
After two years of construction, Polk County will soon be opening its new Northeast Government Center. The public will have an opportunity to see the new facility at a Grand Opening and ribbon-cutting event on Saturday, May 6, 2023 from 9:00 -11:30 a.m.
The new facility, located at 200 Government Center Blvd., Lake Alfred, replaces the county’s offices that have been in the Gil Jones Building in Winter Haven. The $40 million facility will include offices for:
• Clerk of Courts
• Courtrooms and offices for the Tenth Judicial Circuit
o State Attorney
o Public Defender
• Court Services
• Tax Collector’s Office, Testing/Driving Test Track
• Property Appraiser’s Office
• BoCC Building and Permitting Division
• BoCC Healthy Families
• Department of Health Vital Statistics
• Supervisor of Elections during voting months
During the event, you can walk through to see our new offices conveniently located for residents who live in eastern Polk. Areas open to the public that day include the courtrooms and the Tax Collector’s driver license and testing facilities.
In addition to the services permanently housed in the Center, other Polk County divisions at the Grand Opening will answer your questions that day about:
• Career Opportunities (Human Resources)
• Code Enforcement
• Housing and Neighborhood Development
• Indigent Healthcare, with mobile bus services
• UF/IFAS Extension programs
• Veteran and Volunteer Services
And…at the Supervisor of Elections, you can register to vote and learn about helping with elections.
Please join us for this historic day in Polk County. The ribbon-cutting ceremony will begin at 9:00 a.m.