Polk CARES 2020
Qualified Polk County residents and small business owners may now apply online for financial assistance through Polk’s portion of the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act grant. The online application process will require residents and business owners to fill out a form, and attach verifying documentation with the application.
A call center to assist residents with questions regarding Polk County’s CARES Act financial assistance is available in English and Spanish from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Call Center: (863) 298-7500
Polk CARES 2020 Assistance Dashboard
|Individual/Household Grants||$15 million|
|# of Applications In Progress||8,167|
|# of Applications Submitted waiting for Review||1,204|
|# of Applications Approved for Funding||2,697|
|$ Remaining to be Allocated|
|Small Business Grants||$40 million|
|# of Applications In Progress||1,510|
|# of Applications Submitted||1,527|
|# of Applications Approved for Funding||655|
|$ Remaining to be Allocated||$38,388,000|
Individuals and/or households may apply for financial assistance. Individuals who have lost their job or income due to the COVID-19 pandemic are eligible for $2,000 assistance.
The online application process will require residents and business owners to fill out a form and attach verifying documentation with the application. Residents who do not have technology access to complete the online process may contact United Way of Central Florida at 2-1-1 to apply for assistance from Polk County.
On your application, you must confirm that you:
- Have not received other COVID-19 assistance for rent, mortgage or utility payments
- Valid Florida ID or Florida Driver License
- Proof of loss of income related to COVID-19 impacts (furlough, lay-off letter from employer, unemployment statement, etc.)
- Utility invoice, and mortgage or rent bill
Small businesses that can show they were impacted by COVID-19 include funding levels of $2,000 for those who are self-employed, $5,000 for businesses with 2 – 9 employees, and $10,000 for businesses with 10 – 25 employees.
Small business applicants must attest they:
- Were negatively impacted by COVID-19
- Have the authority to apply for this grant on behalf of the business
- Will use the grant funds for authorized business expenses only
- Will apply for a Polk County Business Tax Receipt if not registered with the Polk County Tax Collector
- Plan to resume normal operations after emergency guidelines are lifted
- Shall cooperate with Polk County or appropriate officials for grant auditing purposes
Required Business Documents
• Completed and signed W-9
• Valid state issued photo ID
• Copy of active state business registration from Florida Division of Corporations or a Polk County Business Tax Receipt or a city issued business tax receipt
• For businesses with 2 to 25 employees, W3 Summary or IRS Form 941 prior to Feb. 15, 2020
• Information to estimate your company’s average monthly business expenses before Feb. 15, 2020
Both funds will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis until the allocation is gone. The county has until Dec. 30, 2020 to use this grant. The allocated funds to both small businesses and individuals do not have to be paid back.