- Rain barrels are an excellent way to conserve water and save money on your water bills. Harvested rainwater is better for your lawn and garden than tap water.
- Using a rain barrel reduces water pollution by minimizing the storm water runoff, which can collect pollutants from your landscape such as nutrients, sediments, chemicals and bacteria.
- Ensure the rain barrel is equipped with an appropriate screen or cover to prevent mosquitoes from breeding in the standing water.
- Rainwater from your rain barrel is great for washing the car and other outdoor water uses.
- Design your garden so rainwater from your downspouts flows directly to your plants.
Helpful Tip: Remember, water from your rain barrel is not suitable for drinking.
Helpful Link: Rain barrels save rainwater for later use in an easy and fashionable way!