Skip to Main Content

Customer Service

Alert Polk is a critical communications system used to inform county residents about public safety threats and concerns, including boil water notices and other emergency issues impacting Polk's Utilities Division. You can sign up for this free service at

Polk County Utilities customer service representatives are here to help you. Below are certain forms and documents that might aid you in getting faster service.

Customer Service Line: (863) 298-4100

Residential application for water and/or sewer service

Complete the application for residential water and/or sewer service to apply for a residential utility account. Only one name can be listed on the utility account; indicate how you would like the account name listed. When completing the Residential Application, please verify the service address is correct, as additional charges could be incurred for corrections and/or trip charges.

Polk County Utilities requires a deposit to establish an account. See the Utilities Rates and Fees link on the Utilities page for deposit fee information or contact Customer Service at (863) 298-4100. The deposit is non-negotiable or transferable between individuals. To pay your deposit by credit or debit card, this information must be included on the application. Checks should be made payable to Polk County Utilities. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide the exact time of service connection.

Application for Water and/or Sewer Service

Commercial application for water and/or sewer service

Complete the Commercial Application for Utility Service to apply for a commercial utility account at an existing location. The application must be completed and signed by an authorized signer for the business. Deposits are based on usage and are subject to periodic review and adjustments. The customer signature on this application indicates acknowledgement that connection fees will be evaluated by staff at least annually. If actual utility usage is greater than originally estimated, additional fees may be assessed.

  • Checks should be made payable to Polk County Utilities.
  • Fax signed application and a copy of all required documents to (863) 298-4111.
Application for Commercial Utility Service

Other Utilities Forms