Bulk Waste collection is intended for those items that are too large to fit inside the garbage roll cart.
Guidelines for Bulk Waste collection:
- Curbside Collection Guidelines
- Bulk Waste Collection Guidelines
- Bulk waste items must be:
- within three feet of the curb or edge of the street
- at least three feet from other fixed objects
Bulk collection will be limited to Furniture and Appliance collection, which will take place once a month on a pre-set, scheduled day. To find out your current scheduled collection day, or for more information, please visit Find Your Collection Day or call (863) 284-4319. Household items that were not structurally attached to the house are acceptable. No construction debris or eviction/move-outs will be collected. All items should be curbside by 6 a.m. on your collection day. Items not in compliance will not be collected; if they stay curbside they may be subject to code enforcement violations.
Removal of Non-Conforming Material or Non-Conforming Bulk Waste
If items placed curbside do not meet the bulk waste collection criteria, then please utilize the list of commercial haulers for the removal of non-conforming materials or waste.
Unacceptable Trash Items
Do not place the following materials/items in your garbage roll cart or at the curb. If any of these items are found in your cart or at the curb, they will be tagged with an instructional notice and not serviced. Call (863) 284-4319 for proper disposal information.
- Trees or land clearing debris e.g., rocks or large tree remains, including trunks, stumps or root systems regardless of how small they have been cut. For more information, see guidelines for yard waste.
- Automobile parts
- Radioactive materials
- Explosives, including propane cylinders
- Biomedical waste, including sharps/syringes used for medical purposes
- Household Hazardous Wastes, such as:
- Lead-acid batteries
- Used oil or oil filters
- Any product labeled:
Phone: (863) 284-4319
Toll Free: (800) 780-5346
10 Environmental Loop S.
Winter Haven, FL 33880
Office Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday:
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.