Bulk Waste collection is intended for those items that are too large to fit inside the garbage roll cart. Bulk waste items must be set out by the curb two items at a time. Drivers will only collect two items per service.
Guidelines for Bulk Waste collection:
- Curbside Collection Guidelines
- Bulk Waste Collection Guidelines
- Place only two bulk waste items curbside at a time
- Bulk waste items must be:
- within three feet of the curb or edge of the street
- at least three feet from other fixed objects
Acceptable Bulk Waste examples:
- Appliances (“White goods”)
Once two items have been collected, residents may place two more items curbside. Bulk items do not require scheduling from the resident. Drivers will make note of bulk items curbside as they move along their routes. Bulk items will be collected within three business days of being reported or observed; however, if bulk items are placed at the curb in between services, you will need to schedule a pick up by calling the Waste and Recycling Customer Care team (863) 284-4319 or submitting an online request.
Removal of Non-Conforming Material or Non-Conforming Bulk Waste
If items placed curbside do not meet the bulk waste collection criteria, then please utilize the list of commercial haulers for the removal of non-conforming materials or waste.
Unacceptable Trash Items
Do not place the following materials/items in your garbage roll cart or at the curb. If any of these items are found in your cart or at the curb, they will be tagged with an instructional notice and not serviced. Call (863) 284-4319 for proper disposal information.
- Trees or land clearing debris e.g., rocks or large tree remains, including trunks, stumps or root systems regardless of how small they have been cut. For more information, see guidelines for yard waste.
- Automobile parts
- Radioactive materials
- Explosives, including propane cylinders
- Biomedical waste, including sharps/syringes used for medical purposes
- Household Hazardous Wastes, such as:
- Lead-acid batteries
- Used oil or oil filters
- Any product labeled:
Phone: (863) 284-4319
Toll Free: (800) 780-5346
10 Environmental Loop S.
Winter Haven, FL 33880
Office Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday:
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.