Yard Waste (Horticultural Trash)
Yard waste collection service is intended for the collection of routine lawn and landscape maintenance. Routine yard waste is collected once a week. Yard waste may be bagged, containerized, bundled or neatly stacked; each (bag, container, or bundle) should weigh less than 50 pounds. Yard Waste outside of a container should be no more than six feet in length and/or no more than six inches in diameter.
Guidelines for Yard Waste collection:
- Yard waste must be within three feet of the curb or edge of the street or road
- Yard waste must be at least three feet from other fixed objects
- Bundles, bags, or containers of yard waste should weigh less than 50 pounds each
- Yard Waste outside of a container should be no more than six feet in length and/or no more than six inches in diameter
Routine yard trash is any vegetative matter resulting from residential property lawn and landscaping maintenance including:
- Shrub and tree trimmings
- Grass clippings
- Palm fronds
Material placed curbside that does not meet the county guidelines of routine yard trash will be tagged with a non-collection notice, which serves to inform the resident that the material is non-conforming debris and therefore cannot be collected. If a material is non-conforming, then disposal is the responsibility of the resident. Routine yard trash does not include:
- Whole trees/tree trunks
- Root systems
- Land clearing debris (i.e. rocks, bushes)
For a list of contract haulers to remove non-conforming debris, contact the Waste and Recycling Division at (863) 284-4319.