Yard Waste (Horticultural Trash)
Yard waste collection service is intended for the collection of routine lawn and landscape maintenance. Routine yard waste is collected once a week.
Guidelines for routine yard waste collection
- Curbside Collection Guidelines
- Yard Waste Collection Guidelines
- Yard waste items must be:
- curbside from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- within three feet of the curb or edge of the street
- at least three feet from other fixed objects
- Grass trimmings and leaves must be bagged or containerized for collection
- Bundles, bags, or containers of yard waste should weigh less than 50 pounds each
- Routine Yard Waste outside of a container should be no more than six feet in length and/or no more than six inches in diameter
Routine yard trash
Any vegetative matter resulting from residential property lawn and landscaping maintenance including:
- Shrub and tree trimmings
- Grass clippings
- Palm fronds
Non-routine yard trash
Material placed curbside that does not meet the county guidelines of routine yard trash will be tagged with a non-collection notice, which serves to inform the resident that the material is non-conforming debris and therefore cannot be collected. If a material is non-conforming, then disposal is the responsibility of the resident. Routine yard trash does not include:
- Whole trees/tree trunks
- Root systems
- Land clearing debris (i.e. rocks, bushes)
For a list of contract haulers to remove non-conforming debris, contact the Waste and Recycling Division at (863) 284-4319.