Building Division (County Administration Office Only) to Reopen with Limited Services on May 11
Beginning Monday, May 11, we will reopen the Building Division in the County Administration Building; however, the services offered will be limited so that we may practice social distancing for the protection of our customers and employees. The following services will be offered:
- Drop off service for hard copy plans at the Building Division County Administration location only;
- Call ahead service to pick up approved hard copy plans. To schedule a pick up, call 863-534-6535.
- For assistance with completing an application using the kiosk in the Building Division lobby, call (863) 534-6080 to schedule an appointment. An appointment is for completing the application only, and not the processing of the permit. Same day permitting is not yet available.
Services that will continue:
- Accepting permits online through the Accela Citizen Portal at www.polk-county.net/aca
- Accepting digitally signed and sealed plans uploaded through Accela.
- Assisting customers with permitting questions by phone at 863-534-6080.
- Assisting customers with permitting questions by email at BuildingDivision@polk-county.net
- Performing inspections scheduled through Accela.
- Performing virtual inspections for certain types of inspections (email VirtualInspections@polk-county.net to request more information).
- Planner on Call assistance at 863-534-6084 or firstname.lastname@example.org. In person visits with the Planner on Call may be available by appointment. Call (863) 534-6084 for this service.
- Owner-builders, acting as their own contractors, will be allowed to complete online applications during this health crisis.
Services not yet being offered:
- Walk-through/same day permitting at the main office or the Dundee satellite office
We will reintroduce same day permitting at a later time. We encourage our customers to practice social distancing while visiting the Building Division. Seating is limited and will be spaced appropriately. Please keep six feet apart and we encourage the use of masks for the protection of those around you.
Applicants needing help navigating Accela’s registration, or any other assistance, should call (863) 534-6080. Polk County thanks you for your patience and understanding during this critical time in our country.
Lobby Avg Wait TimesBartow Location Only
Application Cut-off TimesAll Locations
(Must be in the queue)
- Residential With Plans: 12 p.m.
- Mobile Home Setup: 12 p.m.
- Residential Without Plans: 1:30 p.m.
- Permit Tech on Call – (863) 534-6080
Permitting process or requirements inquiries.
- Planner on Call - (863) 534-6084
Land Development regulations inquiries.
- Cashier – (863) 534-6535
Pay permitting fees by phone or add funds to an escrow account.
- Inspections and Power Release Helpline – (863) 534-6708
- Contractor Licensing – (863) 534-6530, ContractorLicensing@polk-county.net
For licensing questions or to file a contractor complaint.
- Re-open expired permits – ExpiredPermits@polk-county.net
Request a search of open or expired permits for a property by emailing a research request form to PermitLienSearch@polk-county.net.
Phone: (863) 534-6080
Toll Free: (800) 780-5346
330 W. Church St.
Bartow, FL 33830
Office Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday:
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Second and Fourth Tuesdays:
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Residential Permitting Services Only
28039 U.S. 27
Dundee, FL 33838