If you build it, they will come. But before you do, make sure to get the proper permits through Polk County's Building Division.
The division is the clearinghouse for permits in the unincorporated parts of the county. It permits and inspects new construction, remodels, additions, repairs, demolitions, mobile home setups, signs and other structures. The division also ensures that contractors who get permits from the county are properly registered and have insurance and meet other requirements. In addition, the division investigates complaints against locally-licensed contractors.
Lobby Avg Wait TimesBartow Location Only
Application Cut-off TimesAll Locations
(Must be in the queue)
- Residential With Plans: 12 p.m.
- Mobile Home Setup: 12 p.m.
- Residential Without Plans: 1:30 p.m.
- Permit Tech on Call – (863) 534-6080
Permitting process or requirements inquiries.
- Planner on Call - (863) 534-6084
Land Development regulations inquiries.
- Cashier – (863) 534-6535
Pay permitting fees by phone or add funds to an escrow account.
- Inspections and Power Release Helpline – (863) 534-6708
- Contractor Licensing – (863) 534-6530, ContractorLicensing@polk-county.net
For licensing questions or to file a contractor complaint.
- Re-open expired permits – ExpiredPermits@polk-county.net
Request a search of open or expired permits for a property by emailing a research request form to PermitLienSearch@polk-county.net.
Phone: (863) 534-6080
Toll Free: (800) 780-5346
330 W. Church St.
Bartow, FL 33830
Office Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday:
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Second and Fourth Tuesdays:
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Residential Permitting Services Only
28039 U.S. 27
Dundee, FL 33838