If you’re building in Polk County, inspections are about to get a lot more convenient when VuSpex launches in February. Click the image below for more information...
The Building Division in the County Administration Building is open for business; however, the services offered are limited so that we may practice social distancing for the protection of our customers and employees. The following services are currently offered:
- Drop off service for hard copy plans at the Building Division County Administration location only;
- Call ahead service to pick up approved hard copy plans. To schedule a pick up, call (863) 534-6535.
- Assistance with completing an application using the kiosks in the Building Division lobby. Assistance is for completing the application only, and not the processing of the permit.
Services that will continue:
- Accepting permits online through the Accela Citizen Portal at www.polk-county.net/aca
- Accepting digitally signed and sealed plans uploaded through Accela
- Assisting customers with permitting questions by phone at (863) 534-6080
- Assisting customers with permitting questions by email at BuildingDivision@polk-county.net
- Performing inspections scheduled through Accela
- Performing virtual inspections for certain types of inspections, email VirtualInspections@polk-county.net to request more information
- Planner-on-Call assistance in person, by phone (863) 534-6084, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Services not yet being offered:
- Walk-through/same day permitting at the Dundee satellite office
Bartow Permit Office:
The Building Division is open to walk-in customers.
- Walk-Through Residential Permitting Business Hours:
- Applications with plans: 8 a.m. to noon
- Mobile home applications: 8 a.m. to noon
- Applications without plans: 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
We encourage our customers to practice social distancing while visiting the Building Division. Seating is limited and will be spaced appropriately. Please keep six feet apart and we encourage the use of masks for the protection of those around you.
Permit applications must be complete before entering the permit queue by the cutoff times listed above. Cut-off times may also be adjusted as needed, depending on volume and staffing levels.
- Walk-through up to three permits with plans at a time, up to a maximum of six same-day plan reviews per day, or
- Walk-through up to four permits without plans at a time, or
- Walk-through up to two mobile home set-up permits at a time up to a maximum of four per day
Although we will make every effort to issue walk-through permits by the close of business, those clients arriving close to the cut-off time when the lobby is full, or with multiple permit applications may be asked to return the next business day to finish the permitting process. Also, anyone seeking to walk-through a permit will not be allowed to drop it off and return later in the day.
Applicants needing help navigating Accela’s registration, or any other assistance, should call (863) 534-6080. Polk County thanks you for your patience and understanding during this critical time in our country.
Lobby Avg Wait TimesBartow Location Only
Application Cut-off TimesAll Locations
(Must be in the queue)
- Residential With Plans: Noon
- Mobile Home Setup: Noon
- Residential Without Plans: 1:30 p.m.
- Permit Tech on Call – (863) 534-6080, BuildingDivision@polk-county.net
Permitting process or requirements inquiries.
- Planner on Call - (863) 534-6084, PlannerOnCall@polk-county.net
Land Development regulations inquiries.
- Cashier – (863) 534-6535
Pay permitting fees by phone or add funds to an escrow account.
- Inspections Helpline – (863) 534-6708
- Contractor Licensing – (863) 534-6530, ContractorLicensing@polk-county.net
For licensing questions or to file a contractor complaint.
- Re-open expired permits – ExpiredPermits@polk-county.net
- Building Official – Jim Legee, (863) 534-6528
Request a search of open or expired permits for a property by emailing a research request form to PermitLienSearch@polk-county.net.
Phone: (863) 534-6080
Toll Free: (800) 780-5346
330 W. Church St.
Bartow, FL 33830
Office Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday:
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Second and Fourth Tuesdays:
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Residential Permitting Services Only
28039 U.S. 27
Dundee, FL 33838