Register your company to do business with Polk County
Companies interested in providing goods and/or services to Polk County are highly encouraged to register with the county as a supplier to:
- Receive notifications regarding upcoming goods and/or services business opportunities
- Notifications will be sent based upon the commodity codes your company chooses during the registration process
- Receive purchase orders
Once registered, your company will be able to update/modify your company information at any time.
When registering, please keep the following in mind:
- Your username should be your company’s email address. If your company has a generic email address, it is highly encouraged to use the generic email address. Utilizing a generic email address will assist with continuity of communication. If an employee email is designated your company will need to ensure you update the contact information when that employee leaves employment.
- Companies are required to attach a copy of their W-9 to complete the registration process.
- After going through the registration process and clicking ‘Register’, if any required fields were not completed, a note will pop-up indicating the fields that need to be completed for your registration to be submitted.
- After successfully registering, your information will be reviewed and either approved or rejected. If rejected, it is because your company already exists, and you will be contacted.
- When you receive the approval Welcome email, you will be instructed to create your password. Please remember to write down your password.
A manual on how to register has been provided utilizing the link below:
Are you interested in doing business with Polk County?
Would you appreciate face time with a procurement professional that can answer questions regarding current and future bid and quote opportunities?
Do you need guidance on how to begin selling your product or service to the county?
The Procurement Division offers a free, “How to do Business with Polk County” training session to all interested vendors. This training explains the bidding process from start to finish and is offered on the third Thursday of each month. To reserve your seat, please call us at (863) 534-6757 during business hours to register or email Procurement at email@example.com with the following information for each attendee:
- Attendee name
- Company name
- Attendee phone number
- Email address
- Training day requested
Training for classes are held in the Procurement’s Conference Room located at 330 W. Church St., Room 150, Bartow, FL.
- All classes are held at 9 a.m.
- Class size is limited to the first 25 registrants for each session
- All fields are required
Every effort will be made to comply with the requested session; however, sessions will be scheduled on a first come, first serve basis.
Can’t attend the monthly training?
Would you prefer one on one training?
Would you like the training to be offered in Spanish?
The Procurement Division will accept appointments with interested vendors for one-on-one sessions. During the appointment, procurement staff will speak to vendors about bidding opportunities and requirements, answer questions about doing business with Polk County, and receive information about your product or service.
By Appointment Only
Please call (863) 534-6757 to schedule an appointment. There will only be a limited number of appointments available each day so call early to take advantage of this unique opportunity.
In efforts to increase supplier diversity, Polk County has implemented vendor training in Spanish. The training is to inform vendors of the entire bid process and get them prepared for opportunities. If any vendors would like to participate in one of our vendor training sessions in Spanish please contact Procurement and they will accommodate. These session can be held one-on-one or in a group setting. Please call to make arrangements today.