What Day is My Collection Day?
About the Division
Polk County Waste and Recycling’s mission is to provide world-class service to Polk County residents, to add value to our employees, to protect the environment and reduce operating cost through the effective use of resources. Waste and Recycling has 50 employees in the areas of landfill operations, administration, engineering and customer care. We can help answer questions about trash pick up schedules, yard waste and garbage collection days. You can also report missed trash garbage, recycling and yard waste pick up to us.
The division performs a number of key functions including:
- Landfill management
- Residential curbside collection facilitation and contract management
- Household hazardous waste processing
In addition, the division is responsible for communicating information from the State regarding disposal, recycling and solid waste management. Need information about the Polk County recycling program or recycling TVs, computers, electronics? We can help!
The Waste and Recycling Division encourages customers to submit service requests online to expedite response and to use the information on Polk’s website for your convenience. We are dedicated to providing you with as many services as possible during this time.
- Bulk pickup
- Reporting a damaged or stolen roll cart
- Reporting a missed collection
- Other requests
You can also download the Polk Waste Wise App:
Customer service representatives are available by phone, but due to reduced staffing, wait times could be longer than usual and we appreciate your patience during this time.
Six holidays that potentially impact landfill hours and residential collection schedules:
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Note: For residential collection, if a holiday occurs on Saturday or Sunday, then the collection schedule is not affected by that holiday.
The North Central Landfill will be closed on the remaining 2023 holidays:
- Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 23, 2023; normal operations will resume Friday, Nov. 24, 2023
- Christmas Day, Monday, Dec. 25, 2023; normal operations will resume Tuesday, Dec. 26, 2023
Holidays that may impact your residential collection:
- Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 23, 2023
- Thursday customers will be collected on Friday, Nov. 24, 2023
- Friday customers will be collected Saturday, Nov. 25, 2023
- Christmas, Monday, December 25, 2023
- Monday customers will be collected on Tuesday, December 26, 2023
- Tuesday customers will be collected on Wednesday, December 27, 2023
- Wednesday customers will be collected Thursday, December 28, 2023
- Thursday customers will be collected on Friday, December 29, 2023
- Friday customers will be collected Saturday, December 30, 2023