Fire Rescue Payment Options
Polk County Fire Rescue offers several ways to pay your ambulance bill. The online payment center provides a fast, safe and easy way to make payments.
Pay Online by Credit or Debit Card
Online Payment Center
*A fee will be applied when using this form of payment and may vary.
Pay by Mail with Check or Money Order
Polk County Fire Rescue
P.O. Box 917734
Orlando, FL 32891-7734
Ambulance Billing Office
Please call (863) 519-7321 if you wish to learn how you can obtain a copy of your patient care report. You can email PhyllisBoykin@polk-county.net for more information. You can also visit 1295 Brice Blvd., Bartow FL, 33830.
Ambulance Fee Schedule
- $600 – Basic Life Support Non-Emergency
- $600 – Basic Life Support Emergency
- $600 – Advanced Life Support Non-Emergency
- $600 – Advanced Life Support Emergency
- $700 – Advanced Life Support II
- $800 – Specialty Care Transport
- $100 – Non-Pickup Treatment without transport; Add $20 if oxygen is required
- Mileage Rate – $9 per mile (loaded miles)
- Standby Per Hour – $100 (minimum 4 hours)
Fire Rescue Services For Your Event
Complete the Fire Rescue Services Request Form to schedule bike team, honor guard, ambulance standby or fire watch services. A Polk County Fire Rescue fire prevention officer can help you determine the type of coverage most applicable for your event by calling (863) 519-7350.
The Polk County Fire Rescue Bike Team was formed to provide emergency medical care in the most rapid manner at special events. The team members ride in pairs with one paramedic and one emergency medical technician.
Polk County Fire Rescue’s Honor Guard represents the department in rendering honors to firefighters killed in the line of duty. The Honor Guard also represents Fire Rescue at other local ceremonies and events such as parades, grand openings and flag presentation ceremonies.
Ambulance for Special Events
Polk County Fire Rescue provides two types of ambulance standby services:
- Dedicated Stand-by Ambulance: The Ambulance and its crew will be dedicated to the event. They will remain on scene for the duration of the event. There is a cost for this service and requires advanced booking and review by Fire Rescue staff for resourcing. Dedicated Stand-by Ambulance cost is $100/hour with a minimum four hours.
- Non-Dedicated Stand-by Ambulance: The ambulance and crew will be at the event but subject to normal emergency calls to the public. Every effort will be made to attend the event but their arrival and participation in the event may be limited. Ambulance must have easy and safe entry and exit ability to respond to emergency calls outside of the event perimeters. There is no charge for Non-Dedicated Stand-by Ambulance service. Event hours may be limited to four hours.
A Polk Fire Rescue event resource officer can help you determine the type of coverage most applicable to your event.
Polk County Fire Rescue provides, and in some cases, requires Fire Watch services for potentially hazardous conditions that could result in the ignition of a fire, injury to people within a specified area and delayed notification of emergency services.
Situations needing established Fire Watch might include:
- Fire suppression systems out-of-service more than four hours
- Fire alarm systems out-of-service more than four hours
- Places of assembly (structure or building) where fire suppression system/fire alarm systems are required but are not present
- Organized fireworks displays
- Provide scene integrity after a fire for investigation
- Crowd management control
|Certified Fire Safety Inspector||Prevention Watch, Inspection, Crowd Management||$50/hour (4-Hour Minimum)||$200 (Additional at the same hourly rate)|
|On-duty Fire Watch Crews||Post-fire scene control, etc.||No additional charge||Incorporated into personnel expenses of budget|
|Off-duty Fire Watch Crews||Post-fire scene control, etc.||Hourly Rate/person||N/A|
Public Convenience Application
This application is for either a new, initial requested Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity (COPCN), or a renewal COPCN for a currently approved holder of an active COPCN to provide emergency medical care and/or transportation or nonemergency transportation within Polk County. Polk County reserves the right to request additional information from the applicant once this application is submitted.
Polk County Fire Rescue is responsible for granting permits for professional fireworks displays and the sale or distribution of sparklers. Please fill out the appropriate permit and submit it with the applicable documentation following the guidelines mentioned in the application.