The Lakes Access Advisory Committee studies how to increase public access to Polk County’s lakes and reports findings and recommendations back to the County Commission.
Meetings for the Lakes Access Advisory Committee are determined by the committee and are open to the public.
- Pablo Sologaistoa: November 17, 2020 – November 16, 2023
- Matthew Swingle: November 16, 2022 – November 17, 2025
- Adam Bass: November 17, 2020 – November 16, 2023
- Eddie Howell: November 17, 2019 – November 16, 2025
- Eddie Hall: November 17, 2022 – November 16, 2025
- Paul Thomas: Chairperson; November 17, 2020 – November 16, 2023
- Bob Sheffield: November 17, 2020 – November 16, 2023
- David Bannister: February 7, 2023 – November 16, 2025
- Cannon Kirb:; December 1, 2020 – November 16, 2023
Qualifications for Board Members/How to Apply
The Lakes Access Advisory Committee includes 10 members appointed by the Polk County Board of County Commissioners. Each Commissioner appoints two members to the Committee, with staggered member terms.
The Committee elects a chair and vice-chair from its membership annually, and the chair and vice-chair may serve successive terms. Members appointed to the Committee shall serve a term of three years.
Reappointments for one additional three-year term is permitted. In the event of a vacancy of any member during a term of office, the commissioner for the district assigned to make the appointment for that member position shall appoint a successor member, subject to approval of the Board, to serve for the remainder of the unexpired term. Members shall serve at the pleasure of the Board and may be removed without cause at any time.