Sidewalk Advisory Committee meetings are held the first Tuesday of each month beginning in January and continue until the prioritized list of new sidewalk projects is finalized for submission to the Board prior to the annual budget hearings in September. The Sidewalk Advisory Committee evaluates new sidewalk needs throughout Polk County and prioritizes projects for funding that are recommended to the Board of County Commissioners as part of the annual budgeting process.
- Lyle Bulman, Commissioner District 1
- Dr. Jesse Law, Commissioner District 2
- Clifton Garcia, Commissioner District 3
- Tonya Akwetey, Commissioner District 4
- Ramon Vicioso, Commissioner District 5
- Wade Allen, Polk County Real Estate Services
- Amy Gregory, Polk County Roads & Drainage
- Joe Montoya, Polk County Roads & Drainage
- Robert Bolton, Land Development Division
- Julia Davis, Transportation Planning Organization (TPO)
- Don Stephenson, Polk County Public Schools
- Sgt. Michael Bissett, Polk County Sheriff’s Office
Qualifications for Board Members/How to Apply
The Sidewalk Advisory Committee includes five public members appointed by the Polk County Board of County Commissioners, four Roads & Drainage Division staff, and one representative each from the Polk Transportation Planning Organization (TPO), the Polk County School Board and the Polk County Sheriff’s Office.
Each commissioner of the Board shall appoint one member to the Committee. All appointments to the Sidewalk Advisory Committee are repealed and replaced with the appointments and terms of membership adopted by resolution. The Committee elects a chair and vice-chair from its membership annually, and the chair and vice-chair may serve successive terms. Members appointed to the Committee shall serve a term of three years. Reappointments for additional terms are permitted.
Meetings and Agendas
Sidewalk Advisory Committee meetings are held at 6 p.m. in Room 413, Fourth Floor, of the County Administration Building, 330 W. Church St. in Bartow. Meetings are open to the public.