The Polk County Planning Commission is a seven-member board appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. The Planning Commission approves or denies certain types of development applications in the Land Development Code. These developments are identified in the code as a Level 3 or Level 4 review.
The Planning Commission meets at 9 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month in the County Administration Building Boardroom, 330 W. Church St. in Bartow.
- Rennie Heath (Chair), Oct. 6, 2025
- David Dalton (Secretary), Aug. 31, 2025
- Robert Beltran (Vice-Chair), Aug. 31, 2026
- Tommy Addison, Aug. 31, 2024
- Michael Schmidt, Aug. 31, 2026
- Mike Hickman, Aug. 31, 2026
- Brooke Agnini, Oct. 24, 2024
- Angelia Sims, (Alternate), Sept. 19, 2024
- Linda Schultz, (Alternate), Jan. 3, 2026
- Vacant (Alternate)
- Lt. Col. Steven Thomas, Avon Park Air Force Range
- Charles (Buck) MacLaughlin, Avon Park Air Force Range (Alternate)
- Jennifer Farrell, Polk County School Board