Polk County Utilities offers customers multiple convenient ways to pay their utility/water bills.
Automatic Bank Draft Setup Options (No Convenience Fee)
There are two ways to setup automatic bank draft services:
- To start automatic bank draft services please complete and sign the Automatic Bank Draft Application Form
- Return the application with a voided check, U.S. bank account only.
- You may return the application via fax to (863) 298-4150 or to the address information listed on the automatic bank drafting application.
Online through the customer portal
- See online payment options below for more details or visit the customer portal.
Note: If you have not registered for the customer portal, or if you accessed the customer portal prior to Aug. 27, 2023, you will have to register for the customer portal to complete the automatic bank draft.
Whether you choose to set up an automatic bank draft online or through a paper application, please allow up to 30 days for processing. Please note that while your bank draft request submittal is being processed with your banking institution, you may need to arrange to pay your bill with alternate payment option.
Online Payment Options
Polk County’s Utilities customer portal provides a fast and easy way to pay your bill online.
Automatic Bank Draft (No Fee)
- Link your bank (checking) account to your utility account and automatically pay your bill each month. You can set up an automatic bank draft (ACH) at billpay.polkutilities.net or see Automatic Bank Draft Setup Options for application.
- Initial setup could take up to 30 days. This is not an immediate or one-time bill pay option.
Recurring Payment With Credit Card (Convenience Fees Apply)
Link a major credit card to your utility account and automatically pay your bill each month through the customer portal scheduler at billpay.polkutilities.net.
A $2.75 convenience fee is charged per $500 transaction. All convenience fees are paid to the third-party processer. If your recurring payment is more than $500, it will not be processed. Contact customer service at (863) 298-4100 if your automatic payment is more than $500.
One-Time Payment Options (Convenience Fees Apply)
One-time payment options allow you to log in to the portal each month to pay your bill. Or, to visit the portal and click the ”Quick Pay” button without creating an account.
Customers can submit a one-time payment using the following methods:
- Debit/Credit Cards – Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover (Autopay option available)
- Amazon Pay
- Apple Pay (Quick pay only)
- Google Pay
- PayPal Credit
A $2.75 convenience fee is charged per $500 transaction. All convenience fees are paid to the third-party processer. Maximum amount per transaction is $500.
Payments made after 11:59 p.m. will be posted to your account on the following day. Payments made after 11:59 p.m. on the bill’s due date will be considered late. This could result in a late fee assessment of $6 or 5%, whichever is greater.
To pay your utility bill via automated system, call (863) 298-4100 or toll free at 1(800) 301-6039. Convenience fees apply. Payments made after 11:59 p.m. will be posted to your account on the following day. Payments made after 11:59 p.m. on the bill’s due date will be considered late. This could result in a late fee assessment of $6 or 5%, whichever is greater.
Allow sufficient time for mail delivery and processing. To ensure that your account is properly credited, enclose the bottom portion of your bill and include your account number on your check or money order.
Mail to: Polk County Utilities
P.O. Box 2019
Bartow, FL 33831-2019
Lobby and Drive-thru
Polk County Utilities Administration Building
1011 Jim Keene Blvd.
Winter Haven, FL 33880
The lobby and drive-thru lanes are open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Payments made after 4:30 p.m. will be posted to your account the following business day.
Place check or money order (no cash) and the bottom portion of your bill in an envelope. Deposit into a collection box at one of the following locations:
- Polk County Utilities Administration Building
1011 Jim Keene Blvd., Winter Haven, FL, 33880
- County Administration Building
330 W. Church Street, Bartow, FL 33830
Drop boxes are checked once per day. Payment by this method will post by the next business day.
Cash payments are accepted at any Central Florida Amscot location. To ensure your account is credited properly, bring your bill with you. Convenience fees are applied by Amscot.