Looking for campgrounds in Polk County? Parks and Recreation maintains five campgrounds throughout Polk County that feature primitive and powered camp sites. Enjoy some time off to connect with nature or spend some time on the water fishing. All campgrounds feature water access.
These facilities charge a modest rate for use. Reservations are not available, so please call ahead to check availability.
Water and electric: $20 per day
Primitive camping: Tent camping only, with no water or electric. No RVs – $10 per day
Dumping (non-camper): $10 per dump
Port Hatchineha apartment fees:
$70 per night (Two night minimum; 14 day maximum)
Damage deposit: $70
Maximum: 4 people per apartment
No primitive camping sites available
Fees are per night and are subject to change.
Maximum Length of Stay
- Peak season (October through March)
28 consecutive days / 28 days per quarter per campground
- Off season (April through September)
28 consecutive days / 56 days per quarter per campground
Rules and Regulations
- All campgrounds are first come, first served. We do not accept reservations.
- Must be 18 years of age to reserve a campsite.
- One camping unit per site (tent or RV). Up to four people per unit.
- Station wagons, pickup trucks with shells, cars, self-modified campers/trailers, camper vans and passenger vans are not recognized as camping units.
- All recreation vehicles must be registered with the state and have a visible and up-to-date registration sticker on the camping unit.
- Checkout time is 12:00 p.m.
- Any after-hours entry/exit must be pre-scheduled with the resident park caretaker.
- Supervised outdoor fires are permitted in designated area only. No fires are permitted at Saddle Creek Campground.
- The following are prohibited: intoxicants, firearms, fireworks and weapons of any kind.
- Off-road and unlicensed vehicles are not permitted.
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- No washing of vehicles, boats or trailers.
- Trash, including garbage, cigarettes, paper, cans, etc., should be placed in the proper receptacles.
- Grey water must be disposed of in the dump station only.
- The use of “Blue Boy” containers is prohibited.
- Commercial vehicles and solicitations are not permitted in or from campground.
- Pets must be on a leash, contained and controlled at all times.