Community Redevelopment Areas - Harden Parkway
On June 20, 2004, the Board of County Commissioners approved the establishment of the Harden/Parkway Community Redevelopment Agency through the adoption of the Community Redevelopment Plan. On Jan. 21, 2004, the Board adopted Resolution No. 04-10 appointing itself as the Board of Commissioners of the Agency (Harden/Parkway CRA Board). In accordance with the Section 163.357(1)(c), Florida Statutes, the Board went on to appoint the city manager and the community development department manager for the City of Lakeland, to serve as two additional members of the board for the Harden/Parkway CRA.
Polk County and the City of Lakeland have established an Interlocal Agreement to cooperate in creating this single purpose CRA, for the specific purpose of eliminating blight on the area's transportation system which currently has adverse impacts upon both county and city governments and the citizenry. Polk County has the statutory authority to establish a redevelopment area that is within a municipality located within Polk County and is supported by the city of Lakeland in utilizing this approach.
Documents and Financial Reports
- CRA Harden Parkway Redevelopment Plan
- Harden Parkway CRA Map
- Harden Parkway Resolution 04-010
- Harden Parkway Resolution 06-171
- Harden Parkway Resolution 07-038
- Harden Parkway Resolution 07-039
- Harden Parkway Resolution 07-040
- Harden Parkway Resolution 07-041
- Harden-Parkway CRA Annual Report FY 19-20 Including FY 20-21 budget
- Harden-Parkway CRA Audited Financial Statement FY 19-20
- Harden Parkway CRA FY 21-22 Budget
- Harden-Parkway CRA Annual Report FY 20-21 including FY 21-22 Budget
- Harden Parkway CRA Audited Financial Statement FY 20-21
- Harden Parkway CRA FY 22-23 Budget
- Harden Parkway CRA Annual Report FY 21-22
- Harden/Parkway CRA Audited Financial Statement FY 21-22
The Harden Parkway CRA Board was created to eliminate and prevent the development or spread of slums and blight, to reduce or prevent crime, and to provide affordable housing to residents of low or moderate income. That affordable housing may include slum clearance and redevelopment, or rehabilitation and revitalization of tourist areas that are deteriorating and economically distressed, and rehabilitation or conservation in the CRA area, or any combination or part thereof.
The Harden Parkway CRA Board holds meetings on an as-needed basis.
- George Lindsey, District 1
- Rick Wilson, District 2
- Bill Braswell, District 3
- Martha Santiago, District 4
- Neil Combee, District 5
- Shawn Sherrouse, City Manager of Lakeland
- Nicole Travis, Lakeland Community Development
Qualifications for Board Members / How to Apply
The Harden Parkway CRA Board include the Polk County Board of County Commissioners and the city manager and community development department director for the City of Lakeland, or their designees, to serve as two additional members of the Harden Parkway CRA Board.