Parks and Recreation maintains five campgrounds throughout Polk County that feature primitive and powered camp sites. Enjoy some time off an connect with nature or spend some time on the water fishing. All campgrounds feature water access.
These facilities charge a modest rate for use. Reservations are not available, so please call ahead to check availability.
Water and electric- $20 per day
**Primitive camping (no water or electric)- $10 per day
Dumping (non-camper)- $10 per dump
Port Hatchineha apartment fees:
$70 per night (two night minimum, 14 day maximum)
Damage deposit - $70
Max 6 People, per apartment
No primitive camping sites available
*Fees are per night and are subject to change based on decisions by the Polk County Board of County Commissioners.
**Primitive camping is for tent camping only. Recreation vehicles are not allowed in the primitive camping area.
Maximum length of stay
- Peak season (October through March)
28 consecutive days / 28 days per quarter per campground
- Off season (April through September)
28 consecutive days / 56 days per quarter per campground
Rules and Regulations
- All campgrounds are first come, first served. We do not accept reservations.
- Must be 18 years of age to reserve a campsite.
- One camping unit per site (tent or RV). Up to 4 people per unit.
- Station wagons, pickup trucks with shells, cars, self-modified campers/trailers, camper vans, passenger vans are not recognized as camping units.
- All recreation vehicles must be registered with state and have a visible and up to date registration sticker on the camping unit
- Checkout time is 12:00 p.m.
- Any after-hours entry/exit must be pre-scheduled with Resident Park Caretaker.
- Supervised outdoor fires are permitted in designated area only.
(No fires are permitted at Saddle Creek Campground.)
- The following are prohibited: intoxicants, firearms, fireworks, and weapons of any kind.
- Off-road and unlicensed vehicles are not permitted.
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- No washing of vehicles, boats, or trailers.
- Trash, including garbage, cigarettes, paper, cans, etc., should be placed in the proper receptacles.
- Grey water must be disposed of in the dump station only.
- The use of "Blue Boy" Containers is prohibited.
- Commercial vehicles and solicitations are not permitted in or from park.
- Pets must be on a leash, contained, and controlled at all times.